When Do I Need New Mexico Weight Distance Tax Permit (WDT)?

1 min. readlast update: 12.27.2022

You will need a New Mexico weight distance tax permit (WDT) if you are using New Mexico highways to transport product or people in a commercial vehicle with a gross weight over 26,000 pounds. This applies to both interstate and intrastate travel. The tax is calculated based on the vehicle’s weight and the distance traveled, and you will need to apply once a year. 

File New Mexico WDT Permit

Was this article helpful?